Wednesday, March 12, 2008

500 Years in 2:52 Minutes

A friend of mine shared this video with me a few months ago, and yesterday we watched it again as a class in Computer Art. One of our final assignments is to pick a portrait, and then use Photoshop to create a self-portrait of ourselves in that likeness. Well, even though we didn't have to choose from the video, immediately upon viewing it yesterday there was one image I knew I wanted to imitate. I failed myself as an art major because couldn't place the image with an artist. So, did a little poking around online and discovered that the images that appear 2:26 minutes into the video are by Alphonse Maria Mucha. His work is absolutely incredible, and I've been pouring over it all morning. I only need to choose a particular work to model my portrait after, and I'll be on my way. As for now, I'm off to the Print Studio.

No comments: