Saturday, February 2, 2008

Name it, rate it, tune it, print it...

Well! It turned out to be quite the day for me and my little sister. I attended the t-shirt silk screening workshop at the Print Studio on James Street North earlier today, and I couldn't have wished for better results. I was a novice when in came to silk screening, so I was rather nervous about my first go at it. Thankfully, the instructor was incredibly helpful, and the six hours flew buy. It's a time-consuming, rather laborious process, and there are quite a few little steps that you have to time just right, yet somehow I came out of there with five shirts and the confidence that I may actually have something to show in my senior exhibition. Now that I have the basics down, I have to set up a routine with the team over at the studio that will allow me some time between now and April 4 to print my tees under the supervision of their resident silk screen technician. I'll be sure to update this post with some pictures later on tomorrow. Six hours well spent.

UPDATE: Behold! Les t-shirts. I printed two designs on five shirts, here are the ones that worked out the best. Thanks to Laura for being my faithful silk-screening minion and lovely t-shirt model.


No comments: